Routing Protocol :Interior Gateway Protocols are comprised of the following;
- A set of rules defined to facilitate the exchanges of routing information between routers (Layer 3 device) inside networks
- Build routing tables dynamicallyto let the route find its path in a network having more than one path to a remote network.
- Maintains the devices connectivity within the network about the available network connections.
* IGRP : Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
* EIGRP : Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol
* OSPF : Open Shortest Path First
* RIP : Routing Information Protocol
* IS-IS : Intermediate System – Intermediate System
For Exterior Gateway Protocols there are;
* EGP : Exterior Gateway Protocol
* BGP : Border Gateway Protocol